Wednesday 8 February 2012

My Chinese New Year at the beginning

On the 9th day of Chinese New Year and it is also the official end of my 1 week holiday. I must admit the whole seven days passed really fast as though that it never happen. But fortunately all the fond memories with people I enjoyed with always stayed inside with me. 

What I have done for the past 7 days were not really crazy nor exciting but it is memorable for me nevertheless. ( Though I hope I could forget the pain and sorrow I have when I got 3 ulcers in my mouth). The first day was always the most exciting part as it is where the family is gathered to chit chat, catch ups and the start of the ang pau collecting ceremony. 


Everyone sat together for chats and movie together

The next day was another achievement that I've never done which is to climb up maxwell hill with the distance of 4KM (8KM if include up and down) solely on foot (OH MY GOD). What happen is that normally we would go up with cousins, aunts and uncles. Usually we would just give up when we are near 2KM thanks to the steepness of the hill and also children who can't do it. But this year, all grown up, and wanted to keep fit, we are determined to climb up half way.


Something that I can't believe I could do where I reach the half way point

And so we did reach our destination, and it is a huge leap of success. I never thought I would climb hill to such extend but I did it twice in less than 2 months. (Did the first time in Ipoh).  During the night it was the last night for my mom side family to get together, thus, we decide to play to the max where we gather as a family and one uncle will become the "God of Wealth". A simple game of blackjack we could played for 5 hours non stop. 


My favorite blackjack style.. lol

My uncle then decide to call it a night after giving us "ang pau" as much as RM60 to all of us and he went to bed as he needs to drive home the next day. But for the rest of the children the night is still young. So, we continue with "chore day dee" and also mahjong. Although the stake is very very small but nevertheless we played up to 3am in the morning. 

On the third day, it is one of the disappointment night for the Chinese New Year because it is time where all the family began to go home to either go back to work or back to university. We spend our lunch together and begin to say our good byes. After lunch, my family and I began our visiting to friends and relatives who stayed in Taiping. 

On the 4th day is as though the start of another Chinese New Year day for me because I will then travel to Ipoh to spend the rest of the week with my one and only girlfriend. My family decides to join in for lunch as well so we decide to stop by Ipoh most famous "Ngar Choy Kai"

     Ipoh famous!
 
Fishball and Porkball
Chicken is eat with keuy teow is nice
 
 My family with my girlfriend

The place we ate

5th day is another early morning day where we all woke up to go to Sitiawan to visit "Tua Pek Gong" Temple. Honestly, I have never heard of such place until her family decides to go.It is a real nice place to visit, BUT WHY NEVER TELL EARLIER?? LOL I wasn't prepared for it and as a result my face and hands are just so red thanks to the scorching sun. 



 My girlfriend and her whole family





A great time to spend




What year are you? 




After the visit to the temple, we decide to have our lunch at Teluk Batik where it is near Sitiawan. This is another place where I've never been to and it is a beachside which I really like. The children and some adults were fast to change to their swim clothes (dirty clothes) to go have dip into the sea, whereas for me and my girlfriend it is picture shooting time.


The photographer



Us





Being Models

We came back after dinner really tired and decides to call it a night early. (Though in the end we didn't sleep that early) The 6th day of Chinese New Year was suppose to be a relaxed day but ended up with another gathering with one of my girlfriend's friends. I do have to admit that on Chinese New Year, she is really packed with tons of gatherings and meet ups but I'm very glad no matter what she will make time for me. After the gathering, we went back home to play a short game of "lamee" and we end the day with a movie together.

Our movie together but not that nice as before

The 7th and last day of my holiday Chinese New Year is finally a resting day where we just stayed at home. Finally, we get to just lazed around enjoy the company of a family and let the time just passed. But this is also the 2nd time of disappointment in a week because me and my girlfriend now needs to depart back to our work place. So, after our dinner we need to packed up and finally head our own paths and that's the end of my 7 days memories. Although this end my holiday but this shall begin another year full of excitement.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. 7 fattening days.. No matter how busy I am, i will always spend my time with you.. Nice pictures captured..

    ReplyDelete